Scroll down for Creating Workout, or jump to:
Creating Your Workout
- Creating or editing a workout can only be done on the desktop app. When you log into your account, you will first be directed to your Dashboard page. On the menu on the left side of the page, click Workout Templates.
- Next, you will be directed to the Workout List page, which lists all the workouts you have previously created. To add a new workout, navigate to your preferred folder and click the Add Workout Template button, which can be found in the upper part of the page.
- Type the name of your workout in the popup and click Add Workout Template. (In this case, we used "Chest/Triceps")
- The Add Workout Template box will disappear, and you will be directed to the Workout Overview page where you can build your workout. A dialog box will also appear on the top-right corner of the page, stating that a new item was added.
Adding a Workout Description
- Adding a description to your workout can provide additional general information or more specific instructions about executing the workout effectively. On your Workout Overview page, click either the Edit button or the Add Description button.
- Below the video space you can find the Workout Description box. Enter your workout description there.
- After entering the workout description, click the Save button which can be found at the top-right corner of the page.
To learn how to add a video to your workout, check this out this article: Video Library: How To Add, Assign, And Delete Video
Adding Exercises to Your Workout
- From your Workout Overview page, you will see a box below the workout video and description boxes. This is called the Workout Constructor. To start adding exercises, click the Add Exercise button, which can be found on the lower-left part of the box.
- A search box will appear, along with a drop-down menu. Simply select an exercise from the drop-down menu to add it to your workout. If you click Create New Exercise you will be redirected to the Exercise Overview page so you can create a new exercise. Click this for more info: How To Create And Manage Exercises
- As you repeat the search/enter process, all the exercises you add will appear in the Workout Constructor. You can add as many exercises as needed. (In this case, we added 4 exercises.)
Deleting Exercise(s) from a Workout
Note: Deleting exercises from your workout will not affect your exercise library.
- To delete an exercise, simply click the 3 Dot icon to the right of the exercise and a Delete option will appear.
- Next, a confirmation box will appear. Click Delete.
- After clicking Delete, you will be directed back to your Workout Overview Page and a confirmation box will appear on the top-right corner of the page.
Adding Exercise Metrics (Properties such as sets, reps, etc.)
- In the Workout Constructor box, you will notice a plus (+) icon appears on the right side of the row. Click the plus (+) icon.
- After clicking plus (+) icon, a property box will appear.
- Click the property and a drop-down list of various properties will appear. After selecting the property, you can set a value for this property by typing numbers beside the drop-down box . You can enter a specific value, a range, or leave it blank if the client is going to determine the value. Then, click the check mark or hit Enter and your entry will be saved. Repeat this process to add multiple properties to the exercise. (Note: If you don't assign any properties to an exercise, your client will not be able to enter results for that workout exercise)
- To Delete a property, hover over it and click the x icon.
- Alternatively, you can also add the same properties to different exercises in a workout at one time. In the lower right of the Workout Constructor, you will see a plus (+) icon. Click it.
- After clicking the plus (+) icon, a property box will also appear. Additionally, each exercise will have a grayed-out check beside it. Select properties, set values, click all the exercises you want to assign this property to, and click Assign. All checked exercises will be given the same properties.
Adding Exercise Notes
- To add a note for a workout exercise, click the Add Note area below the exercise. Type your note (in this case we are instructing the client to pause at the bottom of the bench press) and click outside the text area to save your changes.
Organizing your Exercises and Creating Supersets
- You can change the order of the exercises in a workout by moving them. To do this, simply click the up-down arrow icon beside the exercise to be moved, drag it up or down, then release. You can also drag and drop the exercise name.
- In addition to dragging exercises, you can also create supersets (or circuits and complexes), by clicking the lettered, colored bubbles to the left of the exercises. Assigning multiple exercises the same letter and color will join them together.
Deleting a Workout
- To delete a workout, first, click the Edit button at the top-right corner of the workout overview page.
- Next, click the Delete button in the bottom right corner of the Workout Edit screen.
- Click Delete in the confirmation popup. You will be redirected to the folder where the workout previously existed.
- You can also delete one or more workouts at the same time from a Workout Templates folder by clicking the box next to the workout(s) and clicking the trash can icon.